This is an archived virtual workshop listing. Here you can read testimonials from the workshop's participants, view their resulting bags and learn more about the teacher.
Workshop 5- Braiding Techniques with Sue Cheek - 06/13, 06/15, 06/20, 06/23
- Please be aware, the pattern pieces will NOT be included in the confirmation email when you purchase.
- KITS! -All supplies needed for this workshop are included EXCEPT lining for mini bi-fold wallet (shipping included)
- Instructional handout with pictorials
- Complete, hands-on instructions from the designer herself
- Access to the private Facebook group where you can ask questions before, during and after the workshop.
- All live Zoom sessions
- Instant access to unedited recordings . This is so helpful if you have to miss a portion of any workshop. SO easy to play catch-up!
- Life-time access to the edited workshop recordings on our private YouTube channel
- Learn from our participants! We always include a Demo Darling with each workshop
- Get exclusive preview of new or upcoming product during our Vendor Spotlight!
- Plus tons of fun!
PLEASE NOTE: Because we are shipping kits to every participant, shipping outside of the US will not be available after 5/16/23. Please sign up before 5/16/23 or your package my not arrive before the workshop.
- Skill level requirement: Confident Beginner
- Sewing machine required: Flat bed industrial, Semi-industrial (Janome HD9 or equivalent), or a heavy-duty domestic that can sew through 7 layers of cotton, 2 layers of leather and 1 layer of foam
(workshop hours: 4-6pm PDT on Tuesdays & Thursday. 9am-3:30pm PDT on Friday)
This techniques workshop will take place over 4 separate dates to help you master each technique before you progress to the next step.
The cost of this workshop includes most of the items you need to make each sample braid, and the mini bi-fold wallet. You will receive instructional pages for the basic braiding, where you can attach your class samples for future reference. The ONLY item NOT included in the kit is a small amount of cotton for the inside of the mini wallet.
The first 2 hour session begins Tuesday June 13, where you will learn how to make a 3, 4, and 5 strand braid with leather. The second 2 hour session is Thursday June 15 and in this session you will continue the technique learned in the first session with 6 and 7 strand leather braids. The last 2 hour session will be Tuesday June 20 and in this session you will be learning how to make a 6 strand wrap around core leather braid. The final workshop will be Friday June 23 and it will be a full day of fun as we work together to make a small but very functional mini leather bi-fold wallet with a braiding embellishment. We will discuss areas where your braiding knowledge can be used to add detail and design to any project.
View Retreat Bags
View Retreat Bags
Want to see the resulting bags made by the workshop's participants?