This is an archived virtual workshop listing. Here you can read testimonials from the workshop's participants, view their resulting bags and learn more about the teacher.
Umbrella Workshop 7 with Andrea Bakewell 09/ 8, 09/15 & 09/16
Please read ALL details before purchasing
Join us for this fun and unique accessory class. You will create your own umbrella for any occasion- match a bag, a hat, or a gift for family or friend. Once you learn the process, you can create an umbrella of any size with any number of panels!
- Not only will you learn how to deconstruct an umbrella to create one of your very own, you will learn how to create your own pattern template which is a process that can be used for creating many items in the future.
- You will learn about waterproofing your fabrics before and after a project.
- Sewing with french seams for not only a professional high end look, but also for strength.
- You will learn an easy method for creating a 1/8” hem.
You will be wanting it to rain so you can show off your beautiful creation and if you are not in an area that gets much rain, you can stroll around using it as a sun shade.
What you can expect from this workshop:
- Learn how to deconstruct an existing umbrella to create your own pattern
- How to sew a French seam for the most professional look.
- Sew an 1/8" hem with ease.
- Become familiar with using water-proofing
- How to incorporate freezer paper in your sewing studio
- Andrea's Tips and Tricks which are a bag makers dream!
- Complete, step-by-step instructions from Andrea Bakewell
- Access to the private Facebook group where you can ask questions before, during and after the workshop
- All live Zoom sessions
- Instant access to unedited recordings . This is so helpful if you have to miss a portion of any workshop. So easy to play catch-up!
- Life-time access to the edited workshop recordings on our private YouTube channel
- Learn from our participants! We always include a Demo Darling with each workshop
- Get exclusive preview of new or upcoming product during our Vendor Spotlight!
- Plus tons of fun!
- Skill level requirement: Confident Beginner What is your skill level?
- Sewing machine required: Domestic
Informational Session on Thursday, Sept 7 from 4-6pm PDT
Day 1- Friday Sept 8, 3-6pm PDT
Day 2 & 3- Friday and Saturday, Sept. 15-16, 9am-3:30pm PDT
View Retreat Bags
View Retreat Bags
Want to see the resulting bags made by the workshop's participants?