This is an archived virtual workshop listing. Here you can read testimonials from the workshop's participants, view their resulting bags and learn more about the teacher.
Braiding Techniques Workshop 2 REPEATED with Sue Cheek - 03/28, 4/04, 4/13 & 4/15
Due to popular demand, this course is being repeated and now available!
- All pattern pieces (as applicable)
- All supplies needed (including shipping) for this workshop EXCEPT lining and interfacing for mini bi-fold wallet
- Instructional handout with pictorials
- Complete, hands-on instructions from the designer themselves
- Access to the private Facebook group where you can ask questions before, during and after the workshop.
- All live Zoom sessions
- Instant access to unedited recordings . This is so helpful if you have to miss a portion of any workshop. SO easy to play catch-up!
- Life-time access to the edited workshop recordings on our private YouTube channel
- Learn from our participants! We always include a Demo Darling with each workshop
- Get exclusive preview of new or upcoming product during our Vendor Spotlight!
- Plus tons of fun!
PLEASE NOTE: Supplies for kits need to be received and assembled. Because of this, the kits will not be shipped out before the end of February.
Also note, the colors in the kit photo may not be the same as what you receive in your kit.
- Skill level requirement: Confident Beginner What's your skill level?
- Sewing machine required: Flat bed industrial, Semi-industrial (Janome HD9 or equivalent), or a heavy-duty domestic that can sew through 7 layers of cotton, 2 layers of leather and 1 layer of foam
(workshop hours: 4-6pm PST on both Tuesdays & Thursday . 9am-3:30pm PST on Saturday)
This techniques workshop will take place over 4 separate dates to help you master each technique before you progress to the next step.
The cost of this workshop includes most of the items you need to make every sample braid, and the mini bi-fold wallet. You will receive instructional pages for the basic braiding, where you can attach your class samples for future reference. The ONLY item NOT included in the kit is a small amount of cotton and interfacing for the inside of the mini wallet.
The first 2 hour session begins Tuesday March 28th, where you will learn how to make a 3, 4, and 5 strand braid with leather. The second 2 hour session is Tuesday April 4th and in this session you will continue the technique learned in the first session with 6 and 7 strand leather braids. The last 2-3 hour session will be Thursday April 13th and in this session you will be learning how to make a 6 strand wrap around core leather braid. The final workshop will be Saturday April 15th and it will be a full day of fun as we work together to make a small but very functional mini leather bi-fold wallet with a braiding embellishment. We will discuss areas where your braiding knowledge can be used to add detail and design to any project.
View Retreat Bags
View Retreat Bags
Want to see the resulting bags made by the workshop's participants?